Yes, I am counting. Two years go this time I wasn’t sure there would be anniversary, being rolled into the OR. I don’t really have that much to say so will get to it:
- still on quarterly MRI scans. I am a pro in it, even managed to do it without Xanax last time and know which machine type I prefer 🙂
- Blow through the deductible pretty quickly though – still expensive
- No more drugs!
- Hair is back fully and kind of loving it the short haircuts + color
- Diet back to maintain, don’t go crazy on carbs but not strict either
- Work still on, busier than ever but very mindful of stress and burn out
- Not much time for gym but experimenting with the Peleton app on my smart TV in a basement – wait for it
- A bit more obsessed with the news on glioma progress – watching all the new trial developments and subscribing to super dry medical newsletters – wow, the life with cancer stuff. Doesn’t get much more exciting.
- Oh, and Frontiers of Neurology anyone? I am sort of famous – in a very unique, bizarre community.
In general, life is back to normal without me thinking about it much. Except those awesome cancer commercials on TV or me being an occasional peer survivor or pep-talker to someone’s friend (which I don’t mind) – there is very little reminder of 2 years ago. Yes, every headache or some sort of tingling is a bit unnerving, anything with eyes particularly. Memory is funny but getting better. Still here, celebrating 🙂
Happy anniversary; I’m glad you’re doing so well!
LikeLiked by 1 person
So happy to read this and know that life is good for you. I do love the short hair on you (from a few photos you’ve shared). Glad to read you are taking time to smell the roses, you only get these years with your little ones once, and mommy is so important. On a different note, if you remember when you asked me to mentor Alena a few years ago, we are still in touch. She left IBM a few years ago, but we talk every few months. She is my “fourth daughter” :). Anyway, she is expecting a baby in March. Take care and happy holidays to you and your family. I am expecting to ready of some adventures very soon!
LikeLiked by 2 people
Wish miss you a lot and glad your two years “clean”.