I am hoping this is a last blog post in this “brain” series. For at least a while. On Friday, I went for my first post treatment MRI – first one since surgery. Big deal as this was the baseline and a bit of a check if everything worked. For once, the Xanax worked a bit too much as I was a little loopy and almost fell asleep in the machine! (big progress from my first/second panic MRI). I am a pro, unfortunately. Written results came in 3 hours later (love the efficiency!) with lots of radiology blah blah.
So translation was today as we had our clinic review – neurosurgeon, oncologist and radiation oncologist – so my whole support crew. I got to see the pictures of before and after – and learned that:
- the “dent” in my brain is getting smaller – this is healing post surgery and all the radiation. Dent because my tumor wasn’t really in the brain but outside of it – so it created a dent into the brain.
- the radiation zapping worked and “cleaned up” all the tissue/cells around it
- chemo pills are still working on the microscopic pieces
- my scars heal exceptionally well
- I am still pretty rare case so observation every 2 months + MRI
- I rock the scarves
- Stopped losing weight and maintaining
- I don’t miss the radiation office
- I know Piedmont hospital ins and outs very very well
Back to work, back to normal with occasional doctor visit. Life is not the same as I am a bit more on the edge going to doctor’s office for anything now. I lost some anonymity with my new fashion trends. I gained perspective and care way less about certain things. But other than that, it is not that different. I feel great, if anything as if I just acted in someone else’s movie and came right back home.
My next blog will be travel again 🙂
Awesome news Misha! Start making plans for the amazing race!
Looking forward to hear the travel adventures!
Glad to hear everything is going well. Was thinking about you this weekend. Looking forward to hearing about your next travel adventure!
Whoo hoo, this is awesome news!!! And btw, scarves are all the rage in fashion. So rock away.
To jsou dobre zpravy Miso!